Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blink Of An Eye

They say life changes in the blink of an eye.  So true.  Having lived 22 years in the "big city" I find myself on the brink of change.  In less than one month, my husband, my 3 kiddos and I will be moving to a "small town".  I grew up in a small town and never thought I'd find myself in one again, having always wanted the buzz of the big city.  But the reality is I live on the edge of the suburbs of this big city, my kids go to a country school, I very rarely find myself in the center of the big city and there's virtually no buzz about my life at all.  My life centers around my family, my friends and my God.  It's a simple and very good life.  And it will remain so, no matter my location.  Because I'm bringing my family with me, my friends will stay my friends despite the distance, and God goes with me whereever I am. 

Yet this change will be hard.  It will require faith and patience.  There will be sadness.  For some, change is an adventure.  For me, change is something to "get through".  So while I go through this, I'll share it with you.  The good, the hard, the crazy.  And soon I will be "through" to the other side of the blink.

Change, no matter how it comes, makes a good story.  Don't blink or you'll miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment