Monday, March 2, 2015

An Occasional Writer

Last night, Clare asked me if I still had our family blog.  I said that it was still up but that I hadn't been keeping up with it for a long time.  "Are you ever going to write in it again?"

Hmm, am I?  I guess so. I find that when I've posted in the past, it's become a big project!  Lots of words, lots of pictures which translates to taking a lot of time to post it.  So I'm gonna keep it more simple when I do post.

When I last wrote, we had JUST moved into our new house.  At the time I thought it was totally a temporary home but it's looking to be more permanent.  God's calling me to be content and quit striving for the perfect earthly home and concentrate instead on my eternal domicile.

That doesn't mean that there aren't a ton of projects I want to accomplish.  We're currently working on remodeling the basement bathroom.  Which, if you know Scott, has already been a year-long project and will likely be another year before it's finished.  But hey, he does quality work and he's a very busy man!

Kids are good.  Cate is LOVING 5th grade and school in general.  She is also ADORING basketball.  She made the traveling team again this year and we're just about rounding out the season.  She continues to play piano...not huge words to describe this one but she does enjoy it.  She is 11, definitely starting the whole adolescent process.  She has a couple really close friends but tends to have friends in lots of different groups that she's very comfortable with. She's drawing away bit by bit which I know is what her brain is supposed to do, but it still makes me sad.  I just keep hugging and bugging her to talk to me.  Even if she doesn't engage, at least she knows I'm still here if she needs me.

Clare is in 4th grade and smart as a whip also.  She doesn't have any strong emotions about school but does seem to enjoy it.  She was in gymnastics but was getting to the point where she either needed to kick it up a notch to get into the competitive teams or be done.  She wasn't passionate about it so we dropped it.  She is still really liking violin and is very good at it. She is at the very, very beginning of her adolescent journey but still loves stuffed animals and minecraft.  We do have some issues with electronics taking over her life so we have to limit her or she'd be on them 24/7.  Still a snuggle bug.

Cooper is 7 now and in first grade.  He doesn't like school.  That's just the plain truth.  But he loves making people laugh, unfortunately he doesn't discriminate between appropriate times to do this and inappropriate times.  Thus he's been getting into a lot of trouble at school.  We're working on it.  I'm afraid it's bruising his self-esteem a bit so we're trying to give him lots of love and support while still being firm about the rules.  He took basketball this year and even though he was far from fluid and proficient, he loved it nonetheless.  We'll be getting a hoop for spring/summer playing.

Scott is still plugging away at work.  He volunteered to be assistant coach for Catie's BB team so I haven't seen much of him since November!  But I'm super happy about the time he's spending with his daughter on something they both love.

I'm still working for Stafford Family Realtors writing their blog.  I also just started working as a communications assistant for our church.  I am still adjusting to the added hours and balancing all the house and family stuff.  We'll get there.  I'm also serving in Women's ministry as a co-leader.  Busy but good.

We added a cat (Leopard) and a dog (Moto) to our family this year.  Leopard was a one-year-old stray that we took it.  We were basically lodging in cold weather and a food source.  He was never very cuddly, but we still loved him.  He ended up catching a deadly virus and we had to put him down just a couple of weeks ago.

Moto is about 7 months old now.  This picture is pretty old.  He looks almost like a full grown golden retriever now.  He's sweet and chews up anything he can.  Very fun and loving.  A great fit for our family.


That's about it.  A written synopsis for posterity.  Maybe the kiddos will read it someday.  Or maybe it will get lost in the ether.


No comments:

Post a Comment